Friday, August 28, 2009

Jaeson Ma

One of my spiritual heroes is Jaeson Ma.

I first heard about Jaeson Ma from my youngest brother, Alex. He had gone to a Christian conference called Nyack over a long weekend. When he came back, he was a changed man. He kept raving on and on about this amazing speaker named Jaeson Ma.

What amazes me about Jaeson’s life is how much Jaeson trusts, turns, and depends on God. And in return, I’m amazed at the many and different ways God blesses him.

In this world, we can strive for greatness or we can depend and look to God for our greatness. When we try to do it on our own, our achievements are limited. But when we depend on God for our achievements, when we depend on the supernatural and the spiritual, there are no boundaries. God breaks through any barriers.

Jaeson Ma’s recent project is a great example. Ever since he was little, Jaeson aspired to be a rapper. An Asian rapper. If he were to rely on his own capabilities, he very well may have gone on to rap. But because he relied on God’s strength and not his own, because he sought God first, God blessed him with more than he could ask for, blessed his talents. And as a result, Jaeson recently put out a single that’s unlike any genre of music. It’s a genre divinely inspired. It’s music inspired by God.



Whenever I start to plan for my success and figure out the steps I need to make to get there, I remind myself that my ways are so limited. Recently, I keep coming back to this idea that I can seek after my success, yes, or I can look to God for my success. I can be the best that I can be, or I can be the best God that can make me.

Why settle with our human limitations? Why not strive for more, for what has no limits?




No comments:

Post a Comment