Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jewels


carol sometimes tries to convince me that arts and crafts is my calling. i dont think i would mind even if it were. i can still remember one of the games that i used to play as a little girl was pretending to be on a children's show teaching people how to make all kinds of little things. from cards, to pencil holders made from tissue rolls, to origami folding. i would have a table set up with paper, crayons, scissors, glue, etc. and i would explain the steps to my "audience" (which for the most part was nothing but a few stuffed animals) as i completed the project...


these days, arts and crafts have became my outlet, grounding me back to that little girl with the big table, reminding me that even if everyday life is tedious and repetitive, beautiful things are just right there waiting for me to create.





made this for carol's 23rd birthday, with Jolee's Swarovski jewels.
the locket opens to a picture of little jeremy. happy birthday carol!



No comments:

Post a Comment